Ryan told one lie after another last night, and Romney has consistently based his candidacy on lies about his own record and President Obama. They’re spreading lies because they don’t have anything substantive to run on. Will Romney keep lying to the American people?
- Paul Ryan brazenly told one lie after another last night - it was so bad that even Fox news published an article pointing out the deceit. Heaven blamed the President for an auto plant that closed under the last administration and for not advancing a deficit reduction plan that Ryan voted against. http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/08/30/paul-ryans-speech-in-three-words/#ixzz251rvLkSe and Must Watch: This OFA video debunking Ryan’s falsehoods.
Will Mitt Romney tell more lies tonight?
- Romney has consistently based his candidacy on lies because he doesn’t have anything substantive to run on. That’s not the kind of character we want in a President. We need a leader who always tells us where he stands, not someone who repeatedly lies and says anything to get elected. Romney has already:
- Lied about President Obama’s support for welfare-to-work requirements.
- Lied about the President’s $716 billion in Medicare savings that are helping extend its life for eight years and strengthening benefits for seniors.
- Created a “legend” about his private-sector career that Rolling Stone debunked today as “basically a lie.” He has always claimed that he came to the rescue of his former consulting firm, but his rescue attempt was “actually a disaster.” He had to rely on a government bailout, and he even put employees’ jobs at risk to get it.
- Claimed his goal in business was creating jobs when it was really maximizing profits for himself and his investors – even if that meant driving companies into bankruptcy, slashing workers’ pensions and benefits and shipping jobs overseas.
- Claimed he balanced the budget in Massachusetts without raising any taxes. In reality, Romney raised taxes and fees by $750 million a year and left taxpayers with a billion-dollar deficit and the most per-person debt in the country.
- Romney and Ryan don’t even care that they’re lying and that their campaign isn’t beholden to the truth. One of Romney’s senior advisors admitted this week that they’ll still repeat their lies even if almost every independent fact-checker proves them wrong.