President Obama is moving America forward toward an economy built to last. He believes we need to invest in education, energy, innovation and infrastructure, and reform our tax system to create good jobs, grow our economy and pay down the debt in a balanced way. His jobs plan could put up to a million people back to work – including teachers, firefighters, cops, construction workers and veterans – help small businesses create jobs right now, and encourage companies to bring jobs back to America.
- Mitt Romney would take us backward to the failed policies of the past. He believes we need more budget-busting tax cuts for the wealthiest and fewer rules for Wall Street – the same failed formula that benefitted a few, but crashed our economy and hurt the middle class. He doesn’t have a jobs plan – and by his own math, his budget plans would cost more than a million jobs. He would:
- Roll back financial reform and let Wall Street write its own rules again.
- Encourage outsourcing by cutting taxes for companies that ship jobs overseas.
- Give millionaires like him a budget-busting 25 percent tax cut while raising taxes on at least 18 million hardworking families.
- Gut investments critical to middle-class security, like education, medical research, infrastructure and clean energy.
- It didn’t work then, it won’t work now.We tried Romney’s failed formula for most of the last decade. It didn’t grow our economy, create good jobs or pay down our debt – it caused the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression.
- According to independent economists, Romney’s economic plan would fail to create new jobs in the short term and make our economy worse.
- An economist from Moody’s recently said that implementing all of Romney’s policies “would push us deeper into recession and make the recovery slower.”
- A Harvard economist showed that by Romney’s own math, his drastic spending cuts would shrink our economy and cost more than a million jobs.