President Obama calls on Congress to move forward with a concrete plan that creates jobs and helps restore middle class security.
At this make-or-break moment for the middle class Congress needs to take action on these common sense initiatives. We need to create an economy built to last that creates secure American jobs and makes things the rest of the world buys – not one built on outsourcing, loopholes, or risky financial deals.
Congress’ To Do List:
- Reward companies who bring jobs back to the U.S. with lower taxes and pay for it by eliminating tax incentives for companies to ship jobs overseas.
- Cut red tape so hard working, responsible homeowners who are paying their mortgage can refinance at today’s lower rates.
- Help hard working small business owners create jobs by giving them a tax credit for new hires.
- Invest in American clean energy manufacturers who create American jobs through innovation of new technologies and new fuels that reduce our reliance on foreign oil and lead to more secure energy sources.
- Ensure our commitment to our veterans is as strong as they are by creating a Veterans Job Corps that helps hire veterans as cops, firefighters, and serving their communities.
- The President will travel to New York to talk about the importance of creating jobs and bringing jobs back to America.
- The President believes we must attract and keep good jobs in the U.S. by rewarding companies who bring jobs back to America with lower taxes and pay for it by eliminating tax incentives for companies to ship jobs overseas.
- Specifically, the President calls on Congress to pass legislation that gives companies moving operations back to the U.S. a new 20 percent tax credit for moving expenses and pay for it by ending the tax break that allows companies to deduct expenses associated with moving operations overseas.
- It is simply wrong that companies get tax breaks for shipping U.S. jobs to foreign countries. No company should be rewarded for outsourcing production and jobs.
- We should be rewarding those companies that bring jobs back to our shores with tax credits. This tax credit will cover moving expenses for businesses that close down production abroad and bring jobs back to the U.S.
- Rather than moving forward to reward companies that bring jobs back to America, Republicans are fighting to preserve tax breaks that incentivize sending jobs overseas.